God’s “Marketing Plan” by Pastor Carl W. Mann, II
Matthew 28:18-20 (KJV)“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
From the time of Adam’s disobedience, and death entered this world, God has been focused on “Redemption.” This was His promise, Genesis 3:15 (KJV) “And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.”
God’s “Marketing Plan” is very simple – “I’ll send My Son as the Redeemer, He’ll go, He’ll teach, He’ll save, He reproduce Himself in His Disciples, He’ll return. They will be sent, they will go, they will deliver His Message, they will Disciple others, they will return home.
God’s “Marketing Plan” has NOT changed, and it will NOT change! His Plan is an extension of His Heart. He is the “Unchangeable God;” therefore, His Plan is the same!
Mankind has attempted to “change” God and His Message. Adam’s disobedience was a result of such independent thinking. Keep in mind that Adam came to this conclusion BEFORE he sinned, otherwise, he would not have disobeyed.
I came across an article that Vin Morreale, Jr. wrote in the Southwest Christian Church November 18, 1999 Newsletter. I think you will enjoy it considering the above introduction…
From the consulting firm of Arwee, Skeptiks & Phoolz:March 10, 0033 Jesus of Nazareth One Salvation Way Galilee RE: Marketing strategy Dear Mr. Nazareth, One of your associates, a Mr. J. Iscariot, has had some misgivings about the way you are conducting your business as of late. And has hired us to conduct a marketing analysis of your recent efforts. In the opinion of Arwee Skeptiks & Phoolz, your strategy appears to be headed for disaster. Although your mission statement is enviable, the way you communicate it leaves a lot to be desired. Let me list the six biggest problems we see with your approach:
- Message – Although new and unique, this “Love One Another” message is a no-win situation. It is not aggressive enough to take hold. The Romans, on the other hand, have a strong and popular message of “Obedience or Slaughter,” which has proven highly effective around the known world. It is easy to grasp and easy to enforce. You message, on the other hand, has no sizzle. Our advice: Amen your message to something like “Crush Your Neighbor, Not Yourself.”
- One God – It’s a crowded market out there, and your God of Forgiveness faces some stiff competition.
- Ten Commandments – These commandments have potential, and have proven to be durable for the Jews. But, let’s face it. This is old hat. Yesterday’s news. And they are also too restrictive.
- Miracles – OK, we have to give you this one. Most priests and prophets talk a good story, but nobody delivers like you when it comes to miracles.
- Employees – We are sorry to say that your selection of employees and associates seems ill-advised. Luke, a doctor, and Matthew, the tax collector, are good choices. Judas has his head on straight and appears extremely loyal.
- Sermon on the Mount – Two words: Charge Admission!
One cannot help but laugh when reading what Vin Morreale, Jr. wrote! His humor and witty insight is refreshing; however, there would be some who would like to see some of his suggestions used for the sake of reaching “seekers!”
Jesus was very “seeker-friendly,” – Luke 19:10 (KJV) “For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.” Because of this, everyone who has “called on the name of the Lord” has been saved, and will be saved!
We just need to join with God in His “Marketing Plan!” It has worked for over 2,000 years. I’m comforted to know, His Plan will never fail!